By Bill Johnson
In the bestselling form of the Reeds Handbook sequence, Reeds Ocean Handbook builds on Reeds Skipper's Handbook with suggestion for skippers or team making plans to enterprise extra afield. Complimenting the RYA Ocean Yachtmaster path, this useful pocketbook presents the entire crucial navigation, climate, and direction making plans conception, in addition to functional tips and recommendation on long-distance radio communications, ocean passage-making, and risk/emergency preparations.
Color coded sections, for straight forward accessibility, cover:
- global weather and direction making plans (including global wind structures, ocean currents, tropical revolving storms)
- Navigation (charts, nice circle vs. Mercator routes, time zones, satellite tv for pc navigation structures, suggestion on on-passage navigation routines)
- Astro navigation (basic thought refresher, functional astro navigation, plus utilizing and adjusting the sextant)
- Passage making (route making plans, getting ready the yacht, energy wishes, provides of water, nutrients, fuel, and diesel, watch-keeping exercises, workforce care)
- Communications (features and benefits of VHF, MF, SSB, and satellite tv for pc telephones, climate fax, electronic mail, and entry to the internet)
- dangers and emergencies (preparing for them, gear list, seize luggage, emergency procedures)
Internationally appropriate with colour diagrams all through, this convenient pocket-sized guide is a perfect revision reduction on shore and the suitable fast reference advisor at the boat.