By Claude Phipps
This booklet explores and explains medical mysteries and rules, leavened with tongue-in-cheek humor and an abundance of illustrations. Chapters are brief, yet supply an knowing of expertise and technology now not on hand somewhere else. Questions include:
• What holds a satellite tv for pc up whereas it is going round the Earth?
• Why is the sky (made out of transparent air!) blue rather than eco-friendly, or simply black as evening just like the sky that top altitude jumper Felix Baumgartner saw?
• How is laser mild assorted from “normal” light?
• Did Columbus fairly detect that the Earth is round?
• Which one invention will veritably continue to exist our civilization?
• Why can’t you commute again in time?
If you regularly think embarrassed since you don’t have a clue approximately lasers, the adaptation among volts, amps and watts, or how jet planes quite paintings – yet you need to comprehend the actual rules of our sleek global, no matter if you’re a teenager or a dad or mum – this booklet is for you!
To comprehend the fundamentals of quantum mechanics, or of protons, neutrons and electrons, you don’t want algebra, calculus,
or loads of equations or technical buzzwords. Too many of us were soured on technology via technological know-how academics who've made uncomplicated innovations appear advanced. This booklet is the antidote: all it calls for is your interest.
Advance compliment for No ask yourself You Wonder!:
“From starting to finish, and with snigger after chortle, I loved each be aware of this notable publication. Phipps is a hell of an outstanding author, and the type of physics instructor that i'd have enjoyed as a tender pupil. No ask yourself You ask yourself should be engrossing for an individual with a bit interest, not only the clinical minded.” – Christophe Bonnal, leader Engineer, CNES (French area business enterprise)
“No ask yourself You ask yourself is a fa
ntastic booklet. protecting themes corresponding to area, topic, and the power in the universe, this e-book does a great task of clarifying those issues. It's an exceptional learn for younger scientists and aspiring physicists.” – August R., highschool freshman