By Joseph O'Rourke, Satyan L. Devadoss
Discrete geometry is a comparatively new improvement in natural arithmetic, whereas computational geometry is an rising region in applications-driven laptop technological know-how. Their intermingling has yielded interesting advances in recent times, but what has been missing earlier is an undergraduate textbook that bridges the distance among the two. Discrete and Computational Geometry deals a accomplished but obtainable creation to this state of the art frontier of arithmetic and laptop science.
This publication covers conventional themes comparable to convex hulls, triangulations, and Voronoi diagrams, in addition to newer matters like pseudotriangulations, curve reconstruction, and locked chains. It additionally touches on extra complex fabric, together with Dehn invariants, associahedra, quasigeodesics, Morse thought, and the hot answer of the Poincaré conjecture. Connections to real-world functions are made all through, and algorithms are provided independently of any programming language. This richly illustrated textbook additionally positive factors various workouts and unsolved problems.
* the basic advent to discrete and computational geometry
* Covers conventional themes in addition to new and complex fabric
* positive factors quite a few full-color illustrations, workouts, and unsolved difficulties
* appropriate for sophomores in arithmetic, laptop technological know-how, engineering, or physics
* Rigorous yet obtainable
* an internet suggestions guide is on the market (for lecturers only). to acquire entry, please email: [email protected]